Beef Bourguignonne Recipe
Submitted By:from Hackensack.
Beef Bourguignonne Notes
This came together from a compilation of other stews and recipes. This is great company stew. Guests are always amazed at the flavor.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1' cubes
- 1/4 cup dry-medium sherry (good to drink)
- 1/2 pound medium mushrooms, quartered
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoon each catsup and Kitchen Bouquet (or similar)
- 2 cups water or beef broth
- 2 cups dry red wine (good to drink)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fines herbes
- 1 can small whole onions, drained
Serves / Yields
In a heavy pot: Melt butter; add beef and brown Pour Sherry over the beef; remove meat from pan with slotted spoon. Add mushrooms; cook/stir for a min.; Blend in flour, catsup, gravy sauce, and water (or beef broth) Cook and whisk till gravy comes together and begins to boil Return meat to pan; Add 1 cup of Red wine, bay leaf, fines herbes, S&P to taste Simmer (covered) for 2-2 1/2 hours until meat is tender. Add more Red wine as you cook Add onions to pot before ready to allow to cook and absorb flavors. You can always add more Red wine
This is a great stew. I pour the stew over large noodles. Crusty French bread is a must with it.
Photo by Rita Goeckeritz .
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!