Black Bean Chili Recipe
Submitted By:from DeSoto.
Black Bean Chili Notes
This is a favorite of family and friends. I use a few different versions of this recipe, depending on who I am serving it to. I personally enjoy it with habanero peppers.
- 2 cans Progresso or Ranch Style black beans
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can Campbell's beef broth, or beef consumme
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- to taste, garlic salt or powder
- 2 bay leaves
- for garnish, grated cheese
- for garnish, tortilla chips
Serves / Yields
In large pot, brown meat and drain fat. Add onions and allow to cook for a few minutes. Add beef broth or consumme. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add beans, rotel, and tomato sauce and stir together. Bring to a boil. Add cilantro, seasonings and bay leaves. Cover and reduce heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
Add chile peppers to increase heat. You may also substitute ranch style pinto beans for the black beans.
Garnish with shredded cheese and serve with tortilla chips, Fritos corn chips, or corn bread.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!