Braised Autumn Pork Chops Recipe
Submitted By:from Milwaukie.
Braised Autumn Pork Chops Notes
I have had this recipe in my family for over 40 years. I have been cooking since I was 10 years of age and have amassed and collected close to 5000 recipes I would like to share.
- 4 boneless center-cut pork chops ( 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage or 2 teaspoons rubbed dried sage
Serves / Yields
Makes 4 Servings
Sprinkle both sides of chops with salt and pepper.
In a large nonstick skillet, cook meat in oil for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until browned and drain on paper towels. Remove meat but keep warm.
In same skillet, cook onion and celery for about 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the apple cider, vinegar and sage. Return meat to skillet. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender.
Serve with a potato and vegetable side.
Patience and time are the most valuable tools a cook can have and the end result will always be pleasing.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!