Burgers with a Kick Recipe
Submitted By:from Chicago.
Burgers with a Kick Notes
Hamburgers are an American institution, but how do you serve hamburgers that stand out from everyone else's backyard barbecue? Give them a little bit of surprise!
- 2 pounds ground meat or ground vegetarian product
- 1 small onion or shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 fresh jalepeno peppers, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, shredded or ground to a paste
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 Tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, if making veggie burgers
Serves / Yields
Mix all ingredients together. Shape into 8 or 16 patties.
When the grill (or broiler) is hot, grill (or broil) burgers until done.
Instead of laying cheese on the burger patties for cheeseburgers, try hiding it between two small patties and pressing the edges together so the cheese is completely enclosed.
Rather than making burger patties, you can also press the mixture onto soaked bamboo skewers and grill as mini kebabs.