Cabbage Soup by Sandra's Gramma Recipe
Submitted By:from 37 Cooks.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup dried shallots
- 20 fluid ounces beef broth
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 teaspoons Better than Bouillon
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, with juice
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon, or more to taste, pepper-shallot seasoning
In a skillet, over medium heat, brown meat. Drain fat and then put the meat back in the skillet and add cabbage and onion; cook for about 2-3 minutes. If using bouillon cubes, dissolve these in the broth before adding the broth to the ground beef. Otherwise, add broth and Better than Bouillon to the ground beef and stir. Add the rest of the ingredients. Cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Serve. If you would like to refrigerate or freeze this soup, allow it to cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator or freezer.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!