Cheese Fondue Recipe
Cheese Fondue Notes
This recipe by Wave at The W Hotel executive chef Kristine Subido was used for the first Spice House/Wave cooking class.
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 12 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded.
- 12 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Kirsch or brandy
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne pepper
In a medium bowl, combine flour and cheeses. In a deep, heavy saucepan, heat wine and garlic to a simmer over medium heat. Add the cheese/flour mixture in several batches, stirring constantly. Stir in nutmeg and pepper. Cook about 10 minutes, until fondue is thick and creamy.
Serve with cubes of baguette, grapes, apples, or your favorite vegetables.