Chef Clay’s Vegetarian Moroccan Stew Recipe
Submitted By:from .
Chef Clay’s Vegetarian Moroccan Stew Notes
- 1/4 teaspoon Vietnamese cassia cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Maharajah curry
- 1/2 teaspooon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Vulcan's Fire Salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 red potatoes, diced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup honey
- 42 ounces vegetable broth
Serves / Yields
- Combine first (9) ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and sauté onion for about 5 minutes. Add carrots, sweet potatoes and red potatoes. Sauté for additional 5 minutes.
- Add kale, apricots, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, red kidney beans and honey.
- Add seasoning mix. Stir to mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth. Let cook on low heat for additional 30 minutes (stir occasionally).
Serve over rice.
Also good over couscous
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!