Chili Con Carne with Beans Recipe
Submitted By:from Mobile.
Chili Con Carne with Beans Notes
This is an original recipe. It is super easy to make, and as good as any you will find. While on a trip to Fort Worth ten years ago, we discovered topping it with Fritos and cheese was great.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 46 ounce can tomato juice
- 1 ounce (about 1/4 cup) chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 16 ounce cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag Fritos corn chips
- for garnish, sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Serves / Yields
About 3 Quarts
Add ground beef to a large dutch oven, break up and brown over high heat. Add 1 tsp salt.
When meat begins to brown, add the diced onions and cook until onions begin to become translucent. Then, add the can of tomato juice and stir. Add the chili powder, ground cumin and pinto beans. Stir and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve in large soup bowls topped with a palm full of Fritos corn chips and grated cheese.