Chili Turkey Meatballs With Chipotle-Tomato Cream Gravy Recipe
Submitted By:from Hudson.
Chili Turkey Meatballs With Chipotle-Tomato Cream Gravy Notes
I like to call this recipe, "Goodness! Gracious! Great Balls of Fire!".
- For the Meatballs:
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs, preferably whole wheat
- 1 egg, or equivalent egg substitute
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons chili hot sauce, or tabasco
- For the Gravy:
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 14.5 ounce can chicken broth
- 1-2 Canned Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, to taste
- 1/4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients for meatballs in large bowl and knead together with hands. Form mixture into small meatballs and place in 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake meatballs for about 1/2 hour.
While meatballs are baking, make gravy as follows: combine canned tomatoes and chicken broth in large saucepan. Finely chop chipotle peppers and add to chicken broth/tomato mixture. Simmer over low to medium heat for about 10 minutes. Combine evaporated milk with flour in a small dish, and whisk rapidly into chicken broth/tomato mixture until gravy thickens slightly. Set aside.
When meatballs are done baking, remove them from oven and place meatballs in gravy. Simmer over low heat for another 10 minutes. Then, serve and enjoy!
This dish goes great on Mexican yellow rice or with steamed vegetables.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!