Chipotle Bourbon Steak Recipe
Submitted By:from Swansboro.
Chipotle Bourbon Steak Notes
I developed this with what I had on hand in the kitchen. When ever I make it, people not only scarf down the steaks, but make me write down the recipe. Its sweet, spicy, and does not overpower the steaks.
- 1 Cup soy sauce
- 1/2 Cup ketchup
- 1/2 Cup honey
- 3/4 Cup bourbon
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon crushed garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 steaks or filets
Serves / Yields
- Mix all ingredients except the steaks.
- Add the steaks to the marinade and let soak for 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Grill the steaks, brushing on marinade through the cooking process.
- The soy sauce is mostly salt. Salt makes meat taste more like meat.
- The honey and ketchup add sweetness and body.
- The chipotle chili powder gives it really warm smokey flavor. It does not make it too spicy - if you like a lot of heat, add a dash of cayenne pepper. Regular chili powder is just not the same as chipotle.
- I prefer my steak on the medium rare side. This marinade really gives it a fantasitc flavor, but if you really want to 'kick it up a notch',
- Serve a little feta cheese on the side to be eaten with the steak. If you haven't tried it, you must: This steak with a crumb of feta on top is possibly the best thing to ever cross your tongue....
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!