Chorizo Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Submitted By:from 37 Cooks.
Chorizo Stuffed Peppers Notes
I was very excited to try The Spice House products when I heard about the challenge. I love products like the chorizo sausage seasoning. It gives me a chance to make delicious sausage from scratch, controlling the amount of seasoning in the meat. It also worked wonderfully as an additional seasoning to the stuffing mixture.
- 1 pound ground beef, pork, or mixture of the two
- 2 tablespoons Chorizo Mexican Sausage Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon New Mexican Green Chile Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chorizo Mexican Sausage Seasoning Blend
- 4 large green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 small can tomato sauce
Serves / Yields
Mix ground meat with 2 tablespoons chorizo seasoning and vinegar. Let rest overnight if possible.
Saute onion and garlic in 1 Tablespoon olive oil until beginning to wilt, set aside to cool.
In a medium bowl, mix together seasoned ground meat, black beans, corn, rice and cooled onion mixture. Add salt, pepper, New Mexican Green Chili Powder and the Chorizo Mexican Sausage Seasoning Blend to the stuffing mixture.
Spoon stuffing mixture into the halved bell peppers and place skin side down into a large casserole dish.
Pour tomato sauce over peppers and bake at 375°F for 30-40 minutes, until peppers are soft and stuffing is bubbling.
Spoon tomato sauce from bottom off dish over peppers when serving.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!