Corned Beef Dinner Recipe
Corned Beef Dinner Notes
Treat you friends and family to a hearty Irish dish this St. Patrick's day.
- 3 - 5 pound seasoned corned beef
- 3 - 5 tablespoons corned beef spice (1 tablespoon per pound)
- 4 large white potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 small head cabbage, quartered and lightly sprinkled with 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 tablespoon horseradish powder
Serves / Yields
6 - 8 servings
Place corned beef and corned beef spices in a large pot and cover with water.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook uncovered on low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours (or 30 minutes per pound). Halfway through the process, add the potatoes.
Place the cabbage in steamer on top of corned beef pot. Cook until tender.
Remove meat to cutting board. Cool slightly before slicing into thin slices. Serve with sauce made by combining sour cream with horseradish powder, which may be adjusted to taste.