CRANBERRY JEWEL RELISH Recipe
Submitted By:from Rockford.
CRANBERRY JEWEL RELISH Notes
This is my mother-in-law's recipe. I am not sure where it came from but was always a family favorite.
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 8 or 9 ounce can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 medium orange (with peel) cut up into small pieces (preferably Navel orange)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pound cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- 6 tablespoon Grand Marnier orange liqueur
Serves / Yields
Mix above ingredients in a heavy-gauge saucepot and cook over low flame for approximately 15 minutes. Note: I always cook it a bit longer until berries are popping, but don’t let them all pop. Remove from heat. Add walnuts and liqueur to cooked ingredients. Mix well and refrigerate overnight. Of course, it just keeps getting better each day. I have also frozen the prepared recipe; then thawed in refrigerator overnight.