Crock-Pot Thai Peanut Chicken Recipe
Submitted By:from St. Charles.
Crock-Pot Thai Peanut Chicken Notes
adapted from several recipes using my favorite flavors! Smells so good when you come home after a long day! Love having all of these spice ingredients stocked when fresh isn't available!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless/skinless chicken thighs and/or breasts
- small yellow onion, quartered
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- 1 can of lite coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon hot or sweet curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Thai Red Curry Powder
- 2-3 tbsp peanut butter or your favorite nut butter
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. chopped or minced garlic
- 1 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes
Serves / Yields
Mix sauce ingredients together and pour into crock-pot. Add in chicken and vegetables. Stir until everything is coated well. Cook on low 4 hours. Shred chicken if desired. Serve over rice or quinoa. Garnish with cilantro, basil, lime wedges, peanuts/cashews,etc.
I try to lighten up things when I can but you can use regular coconut milk. I have also used peanut butter substitutes like Better N Butter to cut calories and fat. Feel free to add in your favorites vegetables. Sometimes I add zucchini and bamboo shoots. If you garnish with dried cilantro, rehydrate it a bt!
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!