Curried Pumpkin and Apple Soup Recipe
- 2 medium Golden Delicious or Macintosh apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 teaspoons sweet curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt to taste
Serves / Yields
Makes 8 servings.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the apples, onion butter until tender. Add garlic and sweet
curry and ground ginger; cook 1 minute longer.
Add pumpkin and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a blender, process soup in batches until smooth.
Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil). Season with salt.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!