Deviled Eggs Recipe
Deviled Eggs Notes
This is my own recipe, "fine-tuned" over the years. I added the chives and green onion flakes when I started buying my spices from The Spice House several years ago, and those additions were a great enhancement. The horseradish should be adjusted according to how fresh it is .. it can get to be too hot if it's too new!
- 6 eggs, hard boiled, shelled, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (NOT regular or flavored)
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise (NOT salad dressing)
- 1 tablespoon dill relish, drained on paper towel
- 1/2 tablespoon cream-style horseradish*
- 1/4 tablespoon dried chopped chives
- 1/8 tablespoon dried green onion flakes
- 1/8 tablespoon dried onion powder
- 1/4 tablespoon celery seed
- 1/8 tablespoon Peppercorns Royale, medium grind
- to taste sweet hungarian paprika
Serves / Yields
Remove yolk from each egg half and place in small bowl; put whites aside. Mash yolks with fork; add next nine ingredients and mix very well to fluffy consistency. If yolk filling seems too dry/thick, add juice from dill relish 1/4 teaspoon at a time. Taste yolk filling and adjust ingredients as needed. Fill all egg-white halves to heaping, sprinkle with paprika and store in fridge.
- You can use Spice House Horseradish Powder, be sure to allow time for the flavor to develop.
Do NOT add salt. Because of the mustard, dill relish, and horseradish these eggs will taste slightly salty.
This recipe can be increased easily to any number of eggs with ingredients adjusted accordingly.
These eggs do not keep well .. there are never any left!