Fruit Pomanders Recipe
Submitted By:from Milwaukee.
Fruit Pomanders Notes
We made these for holiday craft projects in grade school. They also doubled as inexpensive handmade gifts.
- 3/4 cup Orris Root Powder
- 1/2 cup Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Ground Cloves
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Ginger
- About 1/4 cup per fruit, Whole Cloves
- Whole Oranges, Apples, Pears, Lemons, or Limes
Mix all ground spices in shallow dish and set aside. Stud fruit with whole cloves spacing about 1/4" apart. Roll fruit in spice mix.
Using a knitting needle, skewer, or other sharp narrow object to poke holes in the fruit before inserting cloves will make this much easier.
Tie a festive ribbon around the fruit and hang as a holiday decoration. This will last for years and can be used in closets to ward off moths.