Green & Gold Chili Recipe
Submitted By:from Milwaukee.
Green & Gold Chili Notes
This recipe was created for the Second Annual Chili Cookoff at the Milwaukee Spice House.
- 6 poblano chile peppers, cored, divided
- 3 New Mexican chile peppers, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 tomatillos, husks removed, washed (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups beef stock
- 1/2 teaspoon mexican oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar or agave syrup
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon bratwurst seasoning
- 1 15 ounce can small white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 large yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
Serves / Yields
Heat olive oil in a large stock pot on medium heat and add 5 chopped Poblano peppers and the New Mexican Chile Peppers. Add beef stock. Cover and simmer until peppers become soft (approximately 20 minutes). Once peppers are soft, remove pot from heat and add tomatillos. Puree this mixture with a blender or immersion blender. Return pot to heat and add Mexican oregano, cumin and agave syrup. Simmer on low heat while completing the next step.
Mix pork with Bratwurst Seasoning. Brown meat in a skillet. Leaving fat in skillet, put cooked pork into the pot. Add chopped onion, yellow bell pepper and remaining Poblano pepper minced. When vegetables are tender, add to stock pot. Add corn and beans to stock pot and let simmer 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning. Serve
Bratwurst seasoning is sold only in our Milwaukee shop.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!