Green-Chile Bacon Burger Recipe
Submitted By:from 37 Cooks.
- For the patty:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, preferably chuck
- 2 small shallots, minced fine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons New Mexican Green Chili Powder
- Other Cooked Toppings:
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, preferably peppered
- 1 cup shredded red/purple cabbage
- For Burger Assembly:
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- roasted green chilies (optional)
Directions: Combine all the patty ingredients in a large bowl and mix together with your hands or a rubber spatula. Take care not to over-handle the meat, but mix only enough to spread the flavors evenly. Shape into 6 patties.
Preheat your grill or grill pan.
Meanwhile, fry off your bacon until crispy, and blanch your cabbage. Do the latter by pouring boiling water over the cabbage and allowing it to sit for 5-10 minutes, then thoroughly draining. This softens and mutes the cabbage just enough so it doesn't overwhelm the meat, while leaving behind a bit of crunch.
When your grill is heated to medium high, cook the burgers only 2-3 minutes per side before moving them to indirect heat (as in the grill shelf above the main grate). Top with cheese, and allow to melt about 2 minutes - which is enough time to toast your buns, if you choose.
To serve, add the following to the hamburger bun in order: a spread of mayonnaise, a thin layer of cabbage, the cooked patty, a strip of bacon (cut in half for two pieces) and a spread of guacamole on the top of the bun.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!