Holiday Ornaments Recipe
Submitted By:from Deering.
Holiday Ornaments Notes
The wonderful smell of these ornaments fills the air while they dry. Children love to help make these and they are a sure bet to come out great. My sister shared this with me and I think of her every time I make them.
- 1/2 Cup cinnamon
- 3 Tablespoons ground allspice
- 3 Tablespoons ground cloves
- 2 Tablespoons ground nutmeg
- 1 Cup applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons Orris Root Powder (optional)
Serves / Yields
24 Small Ornaments
- Combine and mix well the first 5 ingredients
- Mix in the applesauce to the spice mixture
- Create a ball and roll out with a rolling pin to approximately 1/8" thick on wax paper
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutters
- Peel away excess dough and reserve excess dough to make more
- Punch a small hole for the ribbon in the top of the ornament
- Lift carefully to a pan for drying
- Air dry for 3 - 5 days until firm (enjoy the wonderful fragrance)
- Thread ribbon through hole and enjoy!
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!