Hot Buttered Rum or Cider Recipe
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Saigon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Madagascar vanilla
- 1/2 pound butter
- 1 pound brown sugar
Serves / Yields
about 1 quart
Mix together all the spices in a saucepan and add the water. Stir constantly over medium heat until blended. Add butter and stir until melted. Add brown sugar and vanilla, stir frequently until dissolved. Remove from heat and cool. Store in refrigerator.
For Hot Buttered Cider: Add 1 heaping teaspoon to a mug of hot cider.
For Hot Buttered Rum Add 1 tablespoon to a mug of boiling water, add a jigger of rum.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!