Lake Shore Lentils Recipe
Submitted By:from Madison, WI.
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and roughly sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers cleaned and cut into slices
- 3-4 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4-5 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Lake Shore Drive Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sweet Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup dry white, or red, wine
- 1 small can Italian plum tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups mixed lentils (any combination of brown, green, black and pink)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2-3 cups water
- 3-4 small Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced or quartered
Put chopped vegetables and seasonings, up to bay leaves, into olive oil in large pot. Allow to cook for several minutes on medium heat. Reduce to low heat, continue to cook (covered) for 20 minutes or so until vegetables reduce.
Add Lake Shore Drive Seasoning, Sweet Curry, wine and tomatoes; increase heat for 10 minutes or so, until wine reduces. Add lentils, stock, 1 ½ cups water, and potatoes; let simmer on low heat, covered, for about 40 minutes, adding ½ cup water every 15 minutes, or as lentils absorb water.
Finish off with additional enrichment of olive oil.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!