Lois' Best Dressing and Marinade Recipe
Submitted By:from West Allis.
Lois' Best Dressing and Marinade Notes
I found a recipe in a church ladies cookbook. I needed to decipher it and change it to my liking. I needed a Qty. of dressing as I was catering a lunch for 30 Ironworkers. I dislike bottled dressings and this was a perfect match for the spaghetti & meatballs, garlic bread and a fresh garden salad. I did not have one complaint. This is excellent for taking to a potluck. Very easy and delicious. Kids love it.
- 1 medium white onion, cut into chunks
- 3 smal cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 10 3/4 ounce can good-quality condensed tomato soup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup corn or canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons mild mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
Serves / Yields
1 - Quart
In a blender container, place in all ingredients. Blend on low for 30 seconds. Then, blend on high for 1 minute. Place in a nice 1 - quart carafe. Refrigerate overnight to blend flavors. Serve on any green garden salad of your choice.
Makes a great chicken or shrimp marinade. Mix a small amount of mayonaise or salad dressing to use as a sandwich spread. Use in pasta or cucumber salads. Once you taste it you will come up with your own creative uses.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!