Megan's Spiced Brownies Recipe
Submitted By:from Gaithersburg.
Megan's Spiced Brownies Notes
I created this on my own after a friend's ginger brownies. I'd also tasted cayene brownies. Both were interesting but not 'it' for me. So I openned my spice cabinet and began to play. I like strongly flavored foods but the original mix was a little bitter but the addition of the caramel adds the perfect sweetness to counteract that. Last year for Christmas I made up jars of the spice mix and gave them away with the recipe as presents. Getting baked goods at Christmas is nice; an easy way to have more later is even better. My family & friends love the brownies and love that they can make thier own any time now :)
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- pinch of ground allspice
- pinch of ground cloves
- Caramel (enough for a light layer over the entire pan of brownies)
- Favorite brownie recipe or mix
Serves / Yields
- Using your favorite brownie recipe (everyone has their preference chewy or cake-like) make brownies according to directions; add spices into the dry ingredients and stir before adding wet ingredients.*
- Pour into greased pan.
- Drizzle lightly with caramel.
- Gently pull a knife through the mix to swirl the caramel.
- Bake as directed by your brownie recipe.
- The above amount is good for mildly spiced (by my standards :) 8x8 pan of brownies. Use 1.5-2xs more for stronger brownies or a larger recipe.
Drizzle caramel lightly. Too much keeps the brownies from cooking.
You can find caramel sauce marketed as an ice cream topping in any grocery store, or for a thicker caramel (if you don't want to make your own from butter, cream, and sugar), melt caramel candies like Brachs in the microwave.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!