Melanie's Chicken Tikka Marinade Recipe
Submitted By:from Seattle.
Melanie's Chicken Tikka Marinade Notes
This marinade was used by my friend, Melanie, at a recent BBQ dinner party. It was the best tasting grilled chicken I've ever eaten! I believe it would also be a good marinade for vegetables.
- 1 chicken cut into 8 pieces, although I used all breasts
- to taste, salt
- 3 whole green cardamom pods
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, thinly sliced lengthwise for serving (optional)
Serves / Yields
Clean chicken and dry, sprinkle and mix with 1 teaspoon salt and let stand for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, crush the cardamom pods in a mortar using the pestle (remove the shell casings), then add garlic and ginger and pound to a coarse paste. I used a mini chopper, which worked fine. Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and stir in the yogurt, lemon juice, black pepper, cayenne. Pour the marinade over the chicken in the bowl or a zip lock bag and turn the pieces to coat. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for 6-12 hours; the longer the better. Grill on high until done.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!