Nancy’s Spicy English Gingersnaps Recipe
Submitted By:from Evanston.
Nancy’s Spicy English Gingersnaps Notes
The surprising addition of pepper and ginger nibs adds to the spiciness of these gingersnaps.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ginger nibs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup raw sugar or demerara sugar
Serves / Yields
- Combine the flour, baking soda, both gingers, cinnamon, salt, pepper and allspice in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream butter in a large bowl with a mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in brown sugar until well blended; beat in egg and molasses until thoroughly combined. Gradually add the reserved flour mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Chill 1 hour. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into balls 1 1/2 inches in diameter (a Good Grips medium cookie scoop saves time). Dip tops in raw sugar. Place cookies, sugared side up, about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are firm to the touch and the edges are beginning to brown, 16-18 minutes. Let stand 1 minute; transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
Nutrition information per serving: 79 calories, 34% of calories from fat, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 12 mg cholesterol, 12 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 101 mg sodium, 0.2 g fiber
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!