Pork Cutlets with Sun-Dried Cherry & Port Wine Sauce Recipe
Pork Cutlets with Sun-Dried Cherry & Port Wine Sauce Notes
Frankly, it almost doesn't matter what you put underneath this ambrosial sauce… Even if it won't make a silk purse of a sow's ear, the full-flavored combination of dried cherries, port, and Jus de Poulet Lié Gold certainly transforms mundane pork cutlets into celebrity fare. Serve this sauce with veal, duck, or goose, as well.
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cracked black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig fresh thyme + small sprigs to garnish
- ¾ cup (190 mL) port wine
- ¼ cup (60 mL) full-bodied red wine
- 1½ ounce (45 g) Jus de Poulet Lié Gold® + ½ cup (125 mL) hot water
- ½ cup (125 mL) sun-dried cherries
- ¼ cup (60 mL) heavy cream
- 4 boneless centercut pork chops, about ¾-inch (2 cm) thick
- to taste salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
Serves / Yields
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté shallots, peppercorns, bay leaf, and thyme until shallots are translucent. Add port and wine, bring to a boil, and reduce by half. Whisk in dissolved Jus de Poulet Lié Gold®, then strain sauce, and return to pan. Add cherries and whisk in cream, return to a simmer, and taste to adjust seasonings. Reduce slightly if too thin and keep warm. Heat a large skillet over high heat. Brush pork with oil. Season pork with salt and pepper and quickly brown on both sides. Cover pan tightly, reduce heat to low, and cook until done, about 11 to 14 minutes. Serve cutlets whole or sliced across the grain. Spoon on sauce, add a thyme sprig to each plate, and serve.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!