« Back to Recipe
Chef Clay’s Vegetarian Moroccan Stew Recipe
Chef Clay’s Vegetarian Moroccan Stew Notes
- 1/4 teaspoon Vietnamese cassia cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Maharajah curry
- 1/2 teaspoon Vulcan's Fire Salt
- 1/2 teaspooon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 4 carrots, diced
- 2 sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 red potatoes, diced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricots, diced
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup honey
- 42 ounces vegetable broth
Serves / Yields
- Combine first (9) ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and sauté onion for about 5 minutes. Add carrots, sweet potatoes and red potatoes. Sauté for additional 5 minutes.
- Add kale, apricots, tomatoes, garbanzo beans, red kidney beans and honey.
- Add seasoning mix. Stir to mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth. Let cook on low heat for additional 30 minutes (stir occasionally).
Serve over rice.
Also good over couscous
This recipe was provided by Chef Clay from .