« Back to Recipe
I wanted to make a tasty seafood appetizer for Christmas Eve dinner, so I whipped this up on a whim using 2 of my newest Spice House acquisitions: Sunny Spain and Argyle Street Asian blend
- 4 cans of lump crab meat, drained and flaked
- Argyle Street Asian Blend to taste
- Sunny Spain seasoning, to taste
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 Cup panko breadcrumbs
- Extra-virgin olive oil for frying
Serves / Yields
- Drain and flake the crabmeat in a bowl.
- Season to taste.
- Add beaten eggs and breadcrumbs. Mix with a spoon or your hands.
- Fill a large saucepan with an inch of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Form patties from the crabmeat mix and gently place them on the hot oil.
- Fry for about 1-2 minutes on each side until golden, then flip over. Drain on paper towels.
Trader Joe's carries panko breadcrumbs at a very reasonable price. They're worth using, and have a light, flakier texture that works well with fish. Regular breadcrumbs will still work here, but for best results, stick with the panko ones.
This recipe was provided by Lydia Rossi from Chicago.