« Back to Recipe
Milwaukee Iron Beans Recipe
- 1 pound dried white beans
- to cover water
- 1 chopped onion
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup ginger nibs
- 1/4 pound diced bacon or salt pork
- 2 tablespoons Milwaukee Iron seasoning
- 1/4 cup Gateway to the North seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- To taste salt
- 1 teaspoon Hickory Smoked Salt
Serves / Yields
Soak beans over night, discard water.
Combine all ingredients, except salt, in a slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir occasionally. You may need to add more water at some point.
Salt to taste
This recipe was provided by The Spice House.