« Back to Recipe
Salmon with Goat Cheese Stuffing Recipe
Salmon with Goat Cheese Stuffing Notes
This is a very simple recipe to make and requires not much more effort than what usually goes into making a salmon filet. The result is amazing!
- 1 1/2 pounds thick salmon filets
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder, mixed into paste with water
- 4-5 ounces plain goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 teaspoons pickled capers
- 4 tablespoons mayonaise
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest or 1 teaspoon dried lemon zest
Serves / Yields
2-4 servings - Depends how hungry you are!
- Preheat Oven to 350°
- Using a shotglass, mix the ¼ t. Dry Mustard with ¼ t cool water to make a paste and set aside
- Mix the Goat Cheese, Herbes de Provence and Capers together
- Make an incision down the lengthwise side of the salmon filet
- Lift the top part, spread the goat cheese mixture inside and fold the top part of the filet back over
- Mix the mustard paste and black pepper into the mayonnaise and brush the top and sides of the salmon filet
- Sprinkle the lemon zest on the top of the filet (if using dried zest, soften in warm water for 5 minutes prior to use).
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes
Make sure the knife used to cut open the filet is razor sharp. Attempting to saw through a raw salmon filet with a dull knife will only tear it apart!
This recipe was provided by Michael Mowle from Rochester Hills.