« Back to Recipe
Seafood in Coconut Curry Recipe
Seafood in Coconut Curry Notes
This is a very quick curry that can be whipped up in no time.
- 1/2 cup seafood (shrimp, scallops, white fish) per person
- to taste, ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated (or ginger paste)
- to taste, turmeric
- to taste, ground cumin
- to taste, ground coriander (two parts coriander to one part cumin)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 bay leaves
- to taste, vegetable bouillon
- as a base, thin rice or bean thread noodles, soaked in boiling water and drained when soft
Heat ghee and saute onion. Add garlic and ginger and saute for a minute or so. Add turmeric, cumin, and coriander and fry for about a minute. Add a little water if the paste gets too dry. Add the seafood to coat. Add the rest of the ingredients. When it comes to a boil, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
Serve over thin rice or bean thread noodles, which do not require cooking.
This recipe was provided by Mabel Menard from Chicago.