« Back to Recipe
Serbian Pork Dinner Recipe
Serbian Pork Dinner Notes
I recieved this recipe from one of my daughters students.
He is from Serbia and said his mother made this for him when he was growing up. It is one of our family favorites now.
- 4 TB Butter
- 4 TB Vegetable oil
- 2 Lbs. boneless Pork, baked and shredded
- 3 Med. Onions, sliced
- 2 tsp. Arrowroot
- 1/2 TB Hot Paprika
- 2 Green Peppers, jullienne
- 2 yellow Peppers, jullienne
- 2 Red Peppers, jullienne
- 2 or 3 Hot Peppers, cut in rings (circle cut)
- 1 Cup Beef broth
- 1 small can Tomato paste
- 3 cloves Minced Garlic
- to taste Salt
- 1 Bay leaf
- enough Rice or Noodles to serve with pork
Serves / Yields
Heat oil and butter in large skillet. When hot add onions and cook till soft gold color. Sprinkle Arrowroot or flour over top and add the paprika. Stir well for a couple of minutes*. Reduce heat and add pork,peppers, beef broth,tomato paste,garlic,salt and bay leaf. Stir to mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer covered 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- It won't look like enough liquid but the Paprika will bring the moisture you need.
Serve over Basmati rice or Noodles. (Tomato basil noodles if you can get them)
This recipe was provided by Mrs. Linda S. Orris from Johnstown.