« Back to Recipe
Spicy Rice and Red Bean Salad Recipe
- 1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups brown, basmati rice, cooked
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 jalepeno pepper, finely diced
- For the Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Old World Central Street Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
Make the dressing. Mix the rice, beans and dressing together, and refrigerate for 8-24 hours. Serve at room temperature.
If you have leftovers, use them to make these delicious Spicy Beans and Rice Chilies Rellenos.
This recipe was provided by The Spice House.