« Back to Recipe
Szechwan Ratatouille Recipe
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups zucchini , sliced
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups eggplant, cubed
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (Chinese cooking wine)
- 2 tablespoons bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup Chinese chili sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 pound Chinese noodles, cooked
Heat oil and sesame oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic and sauté over medium heat 5 minutes.
Add zucchini, mushrooms and eggplant and sauté 8 to 10 minutes until to soften.
Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue cooking, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes until vegetables are tender. Serve over Chinese noodles.
Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
This recipe was provided by Ed Kelly from .