« Back to Recipe
The Best Barbecue Sauce Recipe
The Best Barbecue Sauce Notes
This recipe comes to us courtesy of the "Spice of Life Cookbook" by Treva Davis (no longer in print).
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 30 ounces no salt tomato sauce
- 1 cup no salt catsup
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sweet vermouth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons chili powder, no salt added
- 1 tablespoon dried parsely
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated green and red bell peppers
Serves / Yields
Makes 9 Cups
Grind dehydrated green and red bell peppers in a blender until finely ground.
Add canola oil to a 5 quart Dutch oven and saute onion unti limp. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer on low 20-30 minutes until onion is tender and sauce has thickened.
Store in jars in the refrigerator, freeze or can.
This recipe was provided by Treva Davis from Dousman.