Salsa Blanca Slaw (for Fish Tacos) Recipe
Submitted By:from North Aurora.
Salsa Blanca Slaw (for Fish Tacos) Notes
We love fish tacos, and I created this slaw using all spices from the Spice House.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon roasted garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt-Free Adobo Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onoin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups freshly shredded cabbage
Serves / Yields
Enough slaw for 6 tacos
Combine all ingredients except cabbage in a medium bowl. Whisk until well combined. Amount of heat is controlled by amount of chipotle powder. Fold into shredded cabbage, cover, and chill for 1/2 hour. Place breaded fish into tortilla. Top with slaw and sliced avocado. Serve.
Omit cabbage, sugar and cider vinegar.
Add 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, 1/2 avocado mashed, and 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro. Whisk ingredients until avocado is smooth and incorporated. Serve in tortillas over grilled shrimp.
I typically use "The Ultimate Fish Stick" from Trident Foods for the tacos because they are delicious and easy to prepare, but breaded tilapia loins work well too.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!