Sautéed Turkey Cutlets with Lemon-Caper Sauce Recipe
Sautéed Turkey Cutlets with Lemon-Caper Sauce Notes
A quick turkey dinner that has all the style and elegance of veal picata. Jus de Poulet Lié Gold makes the sauce taste rich with less butter than might be used in the Italian classic. Serve with mashed potatoes or pasta to absorb all the succulent, picant sauce.
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1½ tablepsoons (23 mL) vegetable oil
- 1½ pounds (650 g) turkey breast, sliced and pounded to about ¼-inch (0.5 cm) thick
- to taste, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ ounce (45 g) Jus de Poulet Lié Gold® + 1 c. (250 mL) hot water
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tablepsoons (15 mL) capers
Serves / Yields
Heat 1½ tablespoons of butter and the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. As it heats, lightly flour 1 or 2 cutlets, patting to remove excess flour. Once butter foams, slide in cutlet. If a second will fit without crowding, add it to the pan. Fat should sizzle each time. When cutlets are golden brown on first side, about 45 seconds, turn and cook second side until browned, then transfer to a warm platter and season with salt and pepper. Once all cutlets are cooked, stir in dissolved Jus de Poulet Lié Gold® and boil to reduce liquid by half, stirring up all the browned cooking bits. Stir in lemon juice and boil again. Add parsley, capers, and stir in remaining 1½ tablespoons of butter. Return cutlets to pan, turning to coat with sauce. Serve on heated plates, spooning sauce over turkey.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!