Shrimp Rolls Recipe
Submitted By:from NORTH AURORA.
Shrimp Rolls Notes
The ubiquitous New England Lobster Roll is wonderfully delicious but can be quite expensive to make here in the Midwest. These Shrimp Rolls are the next best thing.
- 1 tablespoon Shrimp and Crab Boil Spices
- 1 tablespoon Chesapeake Bay Seasoning
- 12 jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 4 egg hot dog rolls
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided, softened
Serves / Yields
Add Shrimp and Crab Boil and Chesapeake Seasoning to water in a steamer pot, bring to a boil.
Place shrimp in steamer basket and steam until pink and opaque, 3-5 minutes. Remove from steamer immediately, cool slightly then refrigerate until chilled.
Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, green onions, parsley, tarragon, lemon zest, pepper and salt in a medium bowl.
Cut each chilled shrimp into four pieces, add to mayonnaise mixture and fold together until shrimp are dressed completely.
Split hot dog rolls lengthwise on top. Butter the insides and broil or grill until butter melts and rolls start to turn golden brown and slightly crispy.
Divide shrimp mixture among the four rolls, sprinkle with some Paprika for color, and serve.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!