Sifliki (Cabbage and Noodles) Recipe
Submitted By:from bronxville.
Sifliki (Cabbage and Noodles) Notes
My grandmother made this receipe in Slovakia. Everyone I serve it to asks for the receipe. It's delicious!
- 1 medium head cabbage, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 2 white onions, preferably vidalia, chopped
- 5 strips bacon
- 1 pound wide noodles
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- to taste, salt and pepper
Serves / Yields
Boil noodles, keep ready.
Cook bacon strips until done. Remove bacon strips from frying pan, but leave the bacon fat in the pan and add two tablespoons of oil.
Add onions, and cook until soft. Add cabbage, sugar, and caraway seeds and fry until light brown.
Add noodles, and fry together for 4 minutes.
Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground pepper to taste, and serve.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!