Singapore Noodle Fusion Recipe
Submitted By:from 37 Cooks.
Singapore Noodle Fusion Notes
I think I could eat Singapore Noodles everyday. I love the mingling flavors of curry, garlic and ginger, with the lightly crunchiness of so many colorful vegetables and the combination of shrimp, chicken and ham. This is one of my favorites for a family dinner because all you need is a wok. Yep that's it, just one wok, which makes for easy clean up!
- 2 packages rice stick noodles (6-8 ounces each)
- 8 Tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 5 eggs scrambled, julienne cut
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs without bone (pan fried with salt and pepper) julienne cut
- 6 ounces hickory smoked baked ham, julienne cut
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined without tails
- 1 medium onion, radial cut
- 4 jalapeños, thin slice and coarse chop
- 3 Tablespoons ginger, grated
- 6 cloves minced black garlic
- 1 red and 1 green pepper, julienne cut
- 3 cups green cabbage, julienne cut
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, 1/4-inch slices
- 16 scallions, cut diagonally in 1 to 2-inch sections
- 6 ounces snow peas
- to taste, Argyle Street Asian Blend
- 5 tablespoons maharajah curry powder
- 1 cup chicken bouillon
- 8 Tablespoons fresh cilantro (2 for garnish)
- Bragg Liquid Aminos in place of salt or soy sauce
- 1/4 almonds toasted and coarse chop for garnish
- Sriracha Chile Sauce for those that like a little more heat
Serves / Yields
Bring a stock pot of water to boil, add your rice stick noodles and cook for about 2-3 min. Strain the noodles and rinse well with cold water. DO NOT skip a cold water rinse! Remove excess water, spread out on a baking sheet and allow to dry for 30-45 minutes.
Heat your wok with 1 Tablespoon peanut oil and cook your eggs until set. Place on a plate to cool, then julienne cut.
Next add 2 Tablespoons sesame oil and cook chicken thighs, allow to cool and julienne cut.
Julienne cut ham and gently braise in the wok and set aside with chicken.
Remove shrimp tails, rinse and pat dry. Heat wok again, 1 Tablespoon of peanut oil if desired and quickly cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes, then add to chicken and ham, and set aside.
Add 2 Tablespoons peanut oil to heated wok, add radial cut onions, jalapeños, ginger and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
Next, add red peppers, green peppers, cabbage, mushrooms, scallions, snow peas, Argyle Street Asian Blend and more peanut oil if needed. Mix 4-5 Tablespoons curry and 4 Tablespoons peanut oil into 1 cup chicken bouillon, and pour over vegetables to gently steam for approximately 5 minutes. Once steamed, add chicken, ham, shrimp, eggs, cilantro and rice stick noodles to your vegetables and toss until coated. Add a bit of Bragg's to enhance flavor.
Garnish with cilantro and toasted almonds, and don't forget your favorite pair of chop stix! Enjoy!
Tip: using a utility scissor to cut rice noodle into approximately 2 cup bunches makes it easier to toss.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!