Sloppy Joe Recipe
Sloppy Joe Notes
This recipe was given to us by a former employee (still current friend) Dan Gassert. This is the best Sloppy Joe I've ever tasted.
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon Chili Con Carne
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons onion powder or 2 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 pound ground beef
Serves / Yields
Mix all ingredients except ground beef, and onion and garlic, if using fresh. Let mixture set until meat is cooked. Brown ground beef in a large frying pan, add in garlic and onion, if using fresh. Drain fat from beef. Add in other ingredient mixture, stir well. Simmer for at least 15 minutes.
You can add more water to the spice mixture, or meat if it becomes to thick.
I have also used dehydrated minced onion and garlic and added it with the catsup mixture.