Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemons and Olives Recipe
Submitted By:from 37 Cooks.
Slow Cooker Moroccan Chicken with Preserved Lemons and Olives Notes
I love Middle-Eastern-inspired dishes, and Moroccan Chicken is a favorite! Traditionally made in a tagine, this recipe is adapted for the slow cooker, with much the same results. The combination of spicy, sweet, and pungent is delightful on the taste buds!!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-6 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- thinly sliced peels of 2 preserved lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup cashews
- flat leaf parsley and sliced lemon for garnish, if desired
Serves / Yields
In a bowl, mix spices together and rub into chicken thighs, set aside. In large frying pan, heat the oil and lightly brown the chicken thighs. Add the remaining ingredients, except garnish, and cook 5 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 hours, until thighs are tender. Delicious served over couscous or basmati rice!
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!