Smoked Spanish Paprika Chicken Recipe
Smoked Spanish Paprika Chicken Notes
This dish is worthy of a lovely white table cloth.
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds) rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Smoked Sweet Spanish Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Smoked Hot Spanish Paprika
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest or 1 teaspoon dried lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup dry light Spanish sherry
- 4 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups peeled and sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
Serves / Yields
3-4-5 depending on appetite
Preheat oven to 350*. Place chicken in a large table ready roasting pan such as Corning. Combine oil, paprika, garlic, thyme, zest and salt in a small bowl. Take one teaspoon of the paste and rub it all over the chicken. Add the sherry to the remaining paste and whisk to combine. Place potatoes and carrots in a medium bowl. Pour the sherry sauce over the vegetables and toss until the vegetables are all covered with the sauce. Gently spoon the vegetables around the chicken. Pour any sauce left in the bowl over the vegetables. Place the roasting pan in the oven and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle chicken and vegetables with the parsley.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!