Photo by Kristin Dula.
- 2 3/4 cups unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, minus 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Old Town Spiced Sugar
Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Whisk together flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
Beat butter and white and brown sugars until creamy; add eggs and beat until combined. Stir in the flour mixture until just combined.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll each ball in Old Town Sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake 8-9 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.