Southwestern Pork and Rice Recipe
Submitted By:from Milwaukee.
Southwestern Pork and Rice Notes
This recipe we received from a long time customer, Pat Hintz. She has also created a wonderful cook book using many of our spices and herbs.(Available in our Milwaukee Store) She was a demonstrator for an up-scale department store in Reno NV. She would demonstrate the lastest cookware or appliance by cooking with them and using our spices.
- 2 pounds pork cut into 1" pieces
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Southwestern seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- to taste, salt and pepper
- jiuce of 2 small or 1 large lime
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 quart water
Serves / Yields
1) Season pork with a sprinkle of southwestern seasoning, some lime juice,and salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet on med. heat. Add pork and brown. May be done in 2 batches.
2) Add onion and garlic cooking until onion is translucent and pork is browned well. Place into a 4-5 quart dutch oven. 3)Deglaze skillet with 1 cup water, adding tomatoes and remaining Southwestern seasoning and cumin. Simmer 5 minutes. Add to dutch oven. 4)Add remainder of water and simmer uncovered for 1-1 1/2 hours until pork is tender. Add uncooked rice and simmer 20 minutes,covered.
1 small can sliced black olives can be added and the end if desired.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!