Spiced Apple Muffins Recipe
Submitted By:from Winnipeg.
Spiced Apple Muffins Notes
I found this recipe in a cooking magazine years ago. The version I have presented here is a slight modification of the original recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup bran flakes
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute equivalent)
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup pureed fruit (baby food is good for this)
- 1 cup apple, peeled and grated
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
Serves / Yields
- In mixing bowl, put flour, bran flakes, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Fluff together with a fork to thoroughly distribute baking powder. Push mixture up the sides of the bowl to make a well in the center.
- In medium bowl, beat egg (or egg substitute) and milk. Stir in fruit puree and apple.
- Add egg mixture to the well in the flour mixture and stir quickly to moisten (batter will be lumpy). Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pans.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 12–15 minutes.
The cocoa powder is optional, and can be added in with the dry ingredients.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!