Spiced Fruit and Nut Granola Recipe
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace or nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher flake salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, pecans, or almonds
Heat the oven to 300°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
Place the oats, brown sugar, spices, and salt in a large bowl and stir well to combine; set aside.
Place the honey, oil, almond extract and vanilla extract in a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until the oats are thoroughly coated.
Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and continue baking until the granola is very light golden brown, about 5 to 15 minutes more.
Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool the granola to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. It will harden as it cools.
While granola is cooling, lightly toast the chopped nuts in a dry pan. Be careful not to burn the nuts.
Add the toasted nuts and fruit to the baking sheet and toss to combine. Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.