Spiced Lentils Recipe
Submitted By:from England.
- 1 1/4 cups French lentilles de Puy
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 whole cardamom pods, shelled and inner seeds crushed
- 1 medium onion
- 3 2/3 cups water
- to taste, salt
- 1/4 cup whipping cream or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed with a little salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped, Thai basil or anise basil preferable
Serves / Yields
Put the lentils into a large pan with the bay leaves, spices, and whole onion. Add the water and bring to a boil. Then, simmer, partly covered, until the lentils are tender, about 20 minutes. Add the salt, to taste, in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Drain thoroughly and discard the bay leaves and onion. Heat the cream or olive oil, stir the garlic in, and pour over the lentils, turning to coat them well. Stir in the herbs, and serve.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!