Moroccan Spiced Lamb Meatballs with Spiced Tomato Sauce Recipe
- For Meatballs:
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- For Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the lamb, egg, garlic, hot curry powder, coriander, cinnamon, cumin, salt and
pepper in a large bowl.
Form into meatballs about 1-1/2-inches in diameter.
Heat the olive oil in large sauté pan and add the meatballs. Cook until browned on all
sides, about 3 to 4 minutes, turning several times.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and transfer to plate.
To make the sauce, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
Add the cumin seed, coriander, garlic and onion and sauté until soft and golden, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes.
Add the cinnamon and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Return the meatballs to the pan and turn several times to coat them with the sauce.
Cover and cook an additional 6 or 7 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through.
This recipe has no comments. Be the first to submit a comment!